Key Account Manager Dicks Sporting Goods or Bass Pro Shops
Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager is a sales leadership role representing customer private label and company brands. They will partner with key account merchandisers/buyers to develop processes and tools to support the rapid profitable growth. The Key Account Manager will be accountable for planning and managing assigned key account related sales activities and increasing sales to meet or exceed goals. They will be experienced in implementing sales/private label programs and work closely with customers to build strong business relationships. The Key Account Manager will provide proactive leadership, lead by example and build a collaborative environment as well as keep up with industry trends and competitive analysis. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales/R&D.
- Maintains regular contact by phone, email, and in-person with assigned accounts to discuss and evaluate program strategies, marketing plans and promotional initiatives.
- Analyze retail and wholesale product sales and review with customers to identify opportunities and understand performance versus competitors and customers’ overall business.
- Internally analyze revenue and margin performance against plan and create action plan where appropriate.
- Resolve accounting issues with accounts regarding unidentified deductions, co-op expenditures, pricing, etc.
- Follow up on the status of customer orders daily to ensure that their needs and timelines are met. Ensure that any shipping issues are resolved. Work with internal support teams to manage shipping, compliance and proper inventory planning and fulfillment.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly planning calls for key accounts.
- Cultivate business relationships with merchandiser/buyer, support staff and retailer management.
- Periodic visits to retail stores to ensure adequate and proper display of product.
- Periodic site and product detail page review for assigned accounts to ensure company and customer brands are properly represented.
- Keep abreast of digital marketplace, pricing, sku listing
- Initiates consistent contact with key internal stakeholders to review current trend and customer needs.
- Gathers competitive marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Attend major trade shows each year.
- Communicate with employees and retail customers in a professional, positive and timely manner.
- Manage business expenses in a responsible and timely manner.
- All other related duties as directed by sales management.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail and sales environment. Knowledge of the sporting goods industry preferred.
- Must be able to work with and develop a relationship with the key account merchandiser/buyer and other management personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with employees and customers continuously.
- Must be able to present products, programs, and ideas to the merchandiser
- Must maintain current knowledge and understanding of the company’s products.
- Must possess strong negotiating skills, superior decision-making capacity and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Must be detail oriented and possess time management, strong organizational and problem-solving.
- Must be able to travel for meetings, account visits and industry shows as necessary
- Ability to work from a home office required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet-based platforms, and e-mail required