in Virginia, Virginia
Position Title: President
The President will have full P&L responsibility and be accountable for this well-established, rapidly growing organization’s leadership, operations, growth, and strategic planning. The President will work with the Board of Directors to set the vision, strategies, and performance goals and provide the leadership to profitably execute the mission.
The President will fully grasp the economic, industry, and competitive landscape and position the Company to scale accordingly. They will be focused on enhancing operations by developing and leading an organization committed to superior quality, product innovation, and market expansion.
The President will provide management oversight to drive accountability for the various functions, enabling the organization to thrive. This includes, but is not limited to, sales/marketing, finance, operations, information technology, legal and human resources.
The President will provide regular, timely information regarding the performance of the Company and how the business is progressing towards strategic goals & objectives and will be a key spokesperson for the Company both internally and externally, including to the Board.
The President will maintain, build, and develop a strong executive team with the talent, energy, and foresight to lead the Company to achieve profitability and growth potential.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate and drive a clear and compelling vision for the current organization; motivate and inspire the team to achieve the company’s mission
- Build a high-performing, winning organization and leadership team by developing and recruiting key talent and transforming legacy cultures; align organizational structure, roles and responsibilities to execute the strategy.
- Balance being a builder and a consultative leader. Drive continuous improvement across the Company.
- Develop plan for maximizing sales and driving brand recognition. Grow new business across all sales channels and existing customers.
- Enhance the business model by leveraging information and data analytics to improve operational efficiency and increase competitive advantage.
- Operate as a collaborative partner with the executive team in planning, refining, and implementing growth strategies and policies.
- Present business results quarterly to the Board of Directors.
- MBA (preferred) or undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Seasoned and experienced business leader with 10+ years of practical experience and progressive leadership roles ideally within the sporting goods, firearms/firearm accessories, military products, or related markets in a growth-oriented organization with a proven track record of success managing and growing a business.
- Highly competent in sales & marketing management (including direct to customer and dealer-based sales) as well as familiarity with US Government contracting.
- A respected leader with a hands-on style and strong work ethic. Outstanding communicator, practices influence instead of control, collaborative decision-making approach,
- Ability to develop a shared vision and guide implementation throughout an organization, resolve problems at early stages,
- Strong record of previous success.
- Comfortable working with small teams in a decentralized management environment and communication network.
- Experience working within an international company or group.
- Possess an understanding of commercial, professional (law enforcement/military) sales channels/markets with a solid understanding of eCommerce
- Experience using data to drive strategy and actions across the organization.
- Able to spot industry trends in advance, embraces change management and constant improvement, is committed to building and maintaining solid teams, and can adapt big business corporate attributes into a small company environment.
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative and successfully handling and prioritizing multiple competing assignments while managing deadlines.
- Exceptional business acumen with a firm grasp of market and demand drivers; anticipates changes in market conditions and customer preferences.
- Direct, open, and honest personality with the highest personal ethics and professional integrity; communicate with honesty, directness, and openness.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) understanding of financial/ERP/CRM systems.
- Located in, or willing to relocate to Virginia.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.