in Denver, Colorado
Product Manager-Firearms Accessories
Product Manager II – Firearms Accessories
The Product Manager II-Firearms Accessories (PMII) will be responsible for the development and execution of product requirements ranging from low to high complexity, product ideation, product tracking through the design and manufacturing process, testing and evaluation, product launch, lifecycle management, and assisting with the development of marketing efforts and materials for products. The PMII is the champion of a product’s value proposition and has ownership of ensuring a product meets its goals within the portfolio. The PMII will be responsible for providing customer research, market conditions and status/activity of competing organizations/brands to assist Sales, Product Management, and key leadership in developing strategy and product direction. The PMII will serve as a Product Management POC for trade shows and marketing events and be responsible for the tracking of key dates and milestones for all assigned programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and develop product ideas and product requirements to support the new product development process.
- Evaluate and present the business case for prioritization and product portfolio strategy within assigned category(ies).
- Evaluate and present business case for strategic expansion outside of current categories.
- Provide input on revision and improvement of existing products.
- Coordinate joint projects with government and industry partners.
- Mentor less-senior team members in all areas of position responsibilities to include product ideation, business case research/presentation and prioritization.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials and efforts for product campaigns across media (print, web, environmental, etc.).
- Evaluate past performance of projects with respect to the design process and help continuously optimize the process for efficiency.
- Integrate with and use key business systems (Power BI, Sharepoint, D365, PLM).
- Identify product performance and feature requirements and ensure they meet overall brand strategy.
- Provide occasional customer training on product performance, features, benefits, and use to support sales and marketing efforts.
- Support trade show activities to include planning, setup, and teardown.
- Support product-oriented marketing efforts such as writer’s events, content generation, etc.
- Work with the design, test, and engineering teams to facilitate the product development process.
- Manage and coordinate market release of assigned products through project engineering and marketing to achieve successful product launch and maximize product revenue.
- Direct, conduct, and present market research on customers, overall market conditions, competitor activity, and other indicators as they relate to product development.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 20%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Industrial design, business, or engineering degree and experience in product development activities desired
- At least 3 years of experience in product management.
- Experience with product requirement and prototype refinement.
- Experience as an end-user of the product category(ies) to be managed and with the associated industry.
- Knowledge of the firearms and firearms accessory industries/industry experience required, regardless of assigned product category.
- Some experience with retail merchandising or marketing a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-starter, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to assimilate, understand, and convey the brand image.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to research, collect, and present relevant product and industry information to support a business case or product recommendation.
- Ability to mentor and train others within the department and outside the department on relevant subjects.
- This position reports to the Director of Firearms Accessories Product Management.
- This position is not eligible for remote work.