in West Hartford, Connecticut
Knowledge of quality systems and procedures, with a working knowledge of ISO requirements, specialized knowledge in one or more areas such as SPC, Metrology, Supplier Management or Reliability Testing required.
- Develop plans, procedures, and methods to assure quality requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance, training and problem-solving support.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide methods for improving same.
- Investigate technological enhancements to promote improvements.
- Streamline and improve quality systems and procedures and focus on developing a “One Quality System”.
- When required, coordinate department personnel activities in Quality Director’s absence.
- All other duties as assigned.
Four years of college (technical preferred). Bachelor of Science Certified Quality Engineer/Auditor Preferred (ASQC). Related work experience considered in lieu of education.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Experience in all aspects of quality assurance practices; background in government contracts preferred and ISO requirements. Capable of working in specialized areas including audit, supplier management and test. Supervisory experience desirable.