in Virginia, Virginia
Position: Sales Director
Reports to: Commercial Director
About the company
Based in Virginia, our client is a cutting-edge virtual reality company that creates state of the art training and shooting environments for hunters, sport shooters and professional end users. Our shooting simulator systems enable users to enhance their skills while becoming ready for reality. They offer simulation solutions for Rifle Hunting, Shotgun Scenarios, Sport Shooting as well as customized training environments for consumers, educational organizations, Law Enforcement & Military.
This individual will be a key contributor in a dynamic, cross-functional role and be a part of a small team where teamwork is in focus. The role would include directing, establishing and executing overall marketing and sales strategies nationwide for our B2C, B2B and B2G customers. The individual would also be part of a bigger international team and reporting to the Swedish organization.
The Sales Director is responsible for implementing and managing sales objectives to achieve the sales goals. The Sales Director leads the North American sales team and develops the skills & performance of direct reports. The position infuses strategic direction to sales plan and product development while advising on forecasting and budgeting for their respective markets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish prime relationships with and supervise the management of strategic accounts and/or end users.
- Leads their respective sales division, overseeing budget, planning and resource development.
- Helps define and execute strategic direction for respective division.
- Plan the time needed with direct reports to cover business issues, account goals & management, sales programs, dealer support, and personal development.
- Explore new business opportunities within primary segments, B2C, B2B and B2G.
- Direct customer service problems and work with office personnel to ensure and maintain high customer service requirements.
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely reports and maintain company records including timely AAR’s and CRM entries.
- Identify key market opportunities and technologies. Facilitate the development of these products and technologies within the organization.
- Communicate regularly to provide information on specific issues, sales, product information, and general economic and business issues.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience should include sound sales division management skills, knowledge of price and promotion management, merchandising and display standards, and the ability to cultivate relationships with retailers at multiple levels of the organization.
- Significant travel is required; up to 50% with overnight.
- Highly driven, self-motivated and must be a self-starter.
- Flexible nature with the ability to react quickly and sometimes creatively to business needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be familiar and comfortable handling firearms.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), and familiarity with contact management/CRM database systems.
- Successful performance requires well developed skills in negotiating and interpersonal relationships, project planning, organization and management.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer Skills within a Windows based environment (Microsoft Office) with ability to learn new systems and software.
- Ability to work closely in tandem with marketing department within a fast-moving digital environment.
- Familiarity with eCommerce SaaS platforms is a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate – both verbally and written
- Job responsibilities involve computer entry and telephone communications in an office environment as well as some work requiring lifting boxes weighing up to 25lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree (Required) graduate education in business or marketing a plus.