in West Hartford, Connecticut
Sales Manager-Law Enforcement
Law Enforcement Sales Manager
The Law Enforcement Sales Manager will be responsible for driving growth and brand awareness within the Federal Law Enforcement, Local and State Law Enforcement marketspace. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of the business related to sales and marketing strategies, customer contact planning, value chain management, tradeshows, and product demonstrations/trainings. The Law Enforcement Sales Manager will lead all forecasting and demand planning activities as well as manage T&E and expenditure budgets. The Law Enforcement Sales Manager will team with internal stakeholders from engineering, marketing, product management, accounting, finance, and operations to improve customer centricity and increase sales velocity within the LE sales channel. The Law Enforcement Sales Manager will be instrumental in collecting relevant market data, understanding customer performance expectations, and evaluating Government opportunities to develop strategies designed capture market share. The Law Enforcement Sales Manager will report to the Vice President of Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES
- Lead all sales and marketing efforts related to Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement end users.
- Travel as needed to build relationships, attend trade shows, execute product demonstrations, and meet sales objectives.
- Design and manage business strategies to deliver YOY growth within the Sales Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement
- Mine Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement sales and budget data to identify opportunities.
- Engage with end users to understand near and long-term requirements. Shape requirements to better fit company capabilities.
- Work with Contracts team to develop, review and respond to proposals and tenders.
- Team with engineering and product management to ensure new products exceed US Military and Federal Law Enforcement testing standards and performance expectations.
- Exceed all sales goals while adhering to best business practices and compliance procedures.
- Identify key business partners, target influential end-users, and/or partner with distributors for the purpose of growing US Military and Federal market share.
- Support sales plans and manage expenses to ensure sales, margin and expense budgets are met.
- Establish and manage focused distributor network capable of delivering a strong Federal Agent sales program driving sales growth, increasing brand awareness and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Influence new product development and research by acting as the voice of the customer, communicating relevant customer requirements and performance expectations.
- Build relationships with strategic business partners capable of broadening the brand, streamlining operational efficiency, enhancing customer service, and advocating for products.
- Maintain strict adherence to corporate pricing and margin guidelines.
- Maximize corporate funding by prioritizing expenditures on sales efforts, tradeshows, testing and value chain promotions that the most meaningful to sales growth and profitability.
- Create and execute sales and training presentations to Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement customers to improve customer product knowledge and brand awareness.
- Assist Finance in the collection of aging and past due invoices.
- Provide sales and demand planning reports to ensure Operations can meet customer delivery expectations.
- Request, manage and monitor all Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement test and evaluation requests to ensure all sales leads are pursued and all products are returned in accordance with Testing and Evaluation policies.
- Regularly contact customers to obtain feedback to determine how the company compares with other manufacturers.
- Support use of a CRM system and ensure funnels and updates are recent and relevant.
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally with all departments.
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze and interpret sales and margin reports.
- Must be able to sell ideas and concepts to management.
- 5-10+ years’ experience in the Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement business channel.
- Four-year college degree in relevant work experience.
- Must have previous experience in the Law Enforcement business channel and strong understanding and experience of firearms.
- Must be comfortable engaging Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement personnel.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be confident and a proven leader that is skilled at strategic problem solving and tactical thinking to take business to the next level.
- Study competition and develop sales strategies to grow business in each channel of trade.